We are looking for
Is your idea, product or technology truly innovative? Show us how it solves a problem, fills a gap in the market or disrupts the market altogether.
Will it make our lives better? From helping the environment, improving our health or creating new jobs – show us the positive impact your innovation delivers to Victoria.
Is it commercially viable? For innovation to deliver maximum impact, it must be scalable. Show us you can provide a sustainable return and impact at scale.
Sectors we invest in
We invest across five priority sectors. If your innovation is in advanced manufacturing, agri-food, clean economy, digital technologies or health and life sciences, we’d love to hear from you.
We aim to have a balanced portfolio across these sectors. At the moment, we’re particularly interested in receiving proposals in advanced manufacturing and agri-food.
We are backing founders building great companies with:
- Purpose-driven founders and great teams
- A deep understanding of the problem
- Breakthrough technologies or novel solutions
- A compelling market opportunity
- Traction - We want to see the progress you’ve made and how you plan to scale
- Impact - We want to understand the impact your company will have on the state and the world!
- Victorian teams or companies looking to setup and grow here
No matter who you are or where you’re from, we want to hear from you.
Find out more about our investment programs and download our pitch checklist below.
We invest in companies at all stages of growth:
Whether your company is at a proof of concept or raising funds to scale and grow, we'd love to hear from you.
Below is a guide that outlines our investment funds and what we look for at each stage.
Other ways we invest
We also invest in other funds that share our values and objectives, as well as companies that support Victoria’s innovation ecosystem to grow. This includes companies that provide shared technology facilities, research platforms and research infrastructure that underpin new discoveries and the necessary support to help bring these innovations to market.
To help us understand more about what you’re working on, please share your pitch deck.
The pitch deck must address the following
- Problem / opportunity (Outline the problem statement.)
- Solution (What makes your solution innovative and how does it address the problem?)
- Market size (How big is the market and how do you plan to enter the market?)
- Competitors (How is your solution better than your competitors? Consider your defensible position and sustainable competitive advantage?)
- Traction (What progress have you made so far?)
- Business model (How will your start-up be financially sustainable? Consider how you make money.)
- Team background (Why are you the winning team? Consider team’s relevant background.)
- How will you have an impact in Victoria
- Funding ask (What is your funding ask and what will it enable your startup to achieve?)
A content list for your initial pitch deck can be found in the link below.